• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

DENIED Staff Application DarkPaladinPrime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Handle(s): DarkPaladinPrime
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:45470623
Previous Clan/Community affiliations: None
Real First Name: Spencer
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on: DARKLY | Toronto TF2 Trade/Idle #2

Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin: Well for the past two years I have spent on these servers I have always enjoyed the wonderful environment. Everything I have ever come to know about trading I learned through these servers and I am very grateful for that. Trading has been one of the most enjoyable experiences about this game or any game I have played for that matter and these servers have great staff and friendly regulars, something I have not seen in many other servers. I would like to be staff member to help out in a much more direct way on the servers mainly just being able to stop disruptive players or help out with server games. I am not gonna lie I have wanted to be staff for a long time and I have applied many times before I do this because these servers are special to me, they have been such a wonderful experience in gaming because there is no other game that I have enjoyed more than TF2 and there are no other servers I like as much Darkly. Thank you for your consideration on this application and I look forward to your feedback.

YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play? Yes
Do you have a mic? Yes
Are you in good standing with the community? Yes
Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Alright my man, I wish you luck.

For my part I think it may be time to give him a shot - granted there have been some issues in the past but they were mostly errors of enthusiasm and not malice, but he seems to have learned to chill a good bit, and he knows the game..

+1

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat
Yeah, he's pretty cool. Past is the past, especially when someone strives to better themselves for the future.
I'd give this guy a chance. +1
Best of luck ass-kissing!

Topsy_Turve

TF2 Staff
I find it amazing the extent to which one can develop as a person in the course of a few years. Paladin has proven to be a stand up guy with a passion for the Darkly community. I have no doubt in my mind that as a staff member Paladin will uphold the Darkly name.

+1

Thanatos

TD Member
I have been withholding my opinion to see if you've changed, your behaviour tonight has proven you have not.

You knowingly tried to profit off someone who just admittedly sharked another player to the entire server. You were then more concerned if I was going to ban you rather than doing the right thing and not taking the dirty items. When I told you it would spark a discussion if you did, your response being that you were tired of my games sealed the deal for me.

I assure you when I say this I am not joking or playing any games, do not ever apply for Darkly Staff again.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
This is disappointing to read, to say the least. Staff members, and certainly those who wish to become staff members, should not put the potential profit first at the cost of one of our users. When we do that, we become no better than the scammers and sharks we ban.

I really hope this is all just a huge misunderstanding, because if not, you will have lost my trust and a large amount of my respect. You're better than this, Paladin. You're way better than this.

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat
As said above, in no situation should profit ever come in the way at the cost of one of our users, and it's stuff like this that will make us less reputable as a community in whole.
Thanatos was doing his job, and you saying that you're tired of his games proves a lack of respect to all of us who strive to better our community.
How do you expect to be a staff member when your mentality is that when we enforce right from wrong it's a game that we play.
This kinda shit ruins our reputation, I'm disappointed, especially since I thought you were a completely different person.

Last edited:
Seeing as I have made a very poor course of action and behavior I have put a very bad scar on my reputation. There is no excuse for what I said period. It is not my place to question judgement, ego got in the way when stating opinion when it was better to keep it to myself. When made fully aware of the situation I did not accept the trade but damage unfortunately has still been done. I have tarnished my reputation (again) and this time I really REALLY should have known better. Those of you who supported me have every right to be ashamed of me and those who wanted to see if I could be improve myself I am sorry to disappoint. There is no misunderstanding to be reconciled, I was out of line. All I can say was that I was wrong, that I am truly sorry for what I have done, and I hope that I can make amends for what has taken place.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
I appreciate your honesty.

I am sure you recognize that this ends the app consideration - thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.