AMD Figi chips

Glocky

Drinking your tears
I declare AIDS UPON you!
Note my avatar... lol And to declare AIDS, you'd have to give me AIDS, which means you already have AIDS.

Now it could be immature drivers and the Fury X will do better later, but right now it's not measuring up to the stock reference 980ti priced the same, that throws out the bang for the buck mantra. Add $100 for non-reference or $100 for hybrid or $120 for both (like the EVGA 980ti Hybrid), and it gets even more interesting.

Nobody has done a 980ti Hybrid vs. Fury X test yet, so I just took the first game (Witcher 3) that had the same (or within margin of error) results for most of the cards at 1440p to roughly equate the settings as the same. If that means this rough comparison is valid, judge for yourself. I'm too lazy to compare more tests, somebody will do a 980ti Hybrid vs. Fury X test at some point and we'll see if I'm close or not.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/1983-evga-gtx-980-ti-hybrid-review-and-benchmarks/Page-2
evga-w3-1440.png

http://techreport.com/review/28513/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-graphics-card-reviewed/6
w3-fps.gif

Yukidesu

I'm New Here
I have to say that I love that Fiji ... its got a super cool facor with liquid kewlings + its insanely quiet and cool even at full load running a power virus.

I may be biased though :P

Carns

TD Admin
I loved a lot of what the Fury X brought to the table, but was ultimately disappointed. It does a good job of trading blows with the 980 ti, but it doesn't beat it very often on 1440p or in terms of pricing. I've learned to not rely on AMD's awful drivers, so I ordered a reference 980 ti on payday and it just arrived today. Very pleased with my purchase, given the information I was able to find before hand.

With that said, it's still a great feat for AMD to put something out that's even close to the 980 ti, and without nVidia releasing the 980 ti just before AMD's annoucement, it would have been a great purchase. Looking forward to what they'll be doing in the future.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I'm on 780ti's as well, and under custom water they murder all games at 37C max. I'm happy but feel I missed a boat with 9xx series :/. Oh well, I'm good for years..